Woodward Recruitment is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who interact with us. Our approach to privacy applies to all personal information received by us from our candidates or clients, whether in electronic, paper or verbal form. It also applies to our website and how we use the website to collect information, how we use that information, and the choices that are available to you regarding our use of your personal information. We want to provide a safe and secure user experience. We will ensure that the information you submit to us via our website is only used for the purposes set out in this policy.
The Information We Collect and How We Use It
Woodward Recruitment may collect a range of information about you, including:
- your name, address and contact details, including email address and telephone number;
- details of your qualifications, skills, experience and employment history;
- information about your current level of remuneration, including benefit entitlements;
- whether or not you have a disability for which the organisation needs to make reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process; and
- information about your entitlement to work in the UK.
We may collect this information in a variety of ways. For example, data might be contained in application forms, CVs or resumes, obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other forms of assessment. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as references supplied by former
employers. We will seek information from third parties only once a job offer to you has been made and will inform you that we are doing so. On occasions this may also include sensitive personal information such as details of criminal convictions and ethnic origin.
This information is held, used and disclosed by us as follows:
- to provide our services to you;
- to maintain our business relationship, where you are a user of our website, a client or candidate;
- to enable you to submit your CV for general applications, to apply for specific jobs or to subscribe to our job alerts. Please see the separate section on your CV below which outlines additional uses and disclosures;
- to match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for jobs;
- to answer your enquiries;
- to advise you of news and industry updates, and other information. Where we do so, you will be able to unsubscribe from such communications;
- to fulfil contractual obligations with our clients;
- where you are registered as a candidate on our database in the UK, your personal information may be accessible by Woodward Recruitment staff to enable them to provide you with recruitment services and for the purposes of business development;
- to trusted third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our clients have requested, such as reference, qualification and criminal reference checking services (as required), verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests. These third parties comply with similar and equally stringent undertakings of privacy and confidentiality as Woodward Recruitment;
- if Woodward Recruitment or its business merges with or is acquired by another business or company, we may share personal information with the new owners of the business or company and their advisors and if this happens, you will be sent notice of such event;
- we may also release personal information to regulatory or law enforcement agencies, if they require us to do so. We will also disclose your information where we are permitted and requested to do so by law; and
- we may also seek your consent to collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for any other purpose not listed above.
- our website may also use a website recording service which can record mouse clicks, mouse movements, page scrolling and any text keyed into website forms. Data collected by this service is used to improve our website usability. The information collected is stored and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting, and is not shared with anybody else.
Curriculum vitae (“CV”) or Resume
We give you the option of submitting your CV via our website. You can do this either to apply for a specific advertised job or for consideration by us for positions as they come up. Your CV will be stored in the Woodward Recruitment database, and will be accessible by Woodward Recruitment staff in the UK only.
You can update your CV at any time, simply by following the same procedure to submit a new CV. Your old CV will automatically be archived providing the submission details remain the same (for example you submit both CVs using the same email address or you advise the relevant contact of your new submission).
Aggregate Information about Woodward Recruitment online visitors
We gather information and statistics collectively about all visitors to our website, for example, which area users access most frequently and which services users access the most. We only use such data in the aggregate form. This information helps us determine what is most beneficial for our users and how we can continually improve our online services to create a better overall experience for our users.
How does Woodward Recruitment protect your data?
We take the security of your data seriously. We have internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
As a candidate, for how long does Woodward Recruitment keep your data?
If your application for employment is unsuccessful, the organisation will hold your data on file for 6 (six) months after the end of the relevant recruitment process. If you agree to allow us to keep your personal data on file, we will hold your data on file for a further 6 (six) months for consideration for future employment opportunities. At the end of that period, or once you withdraw your consent, your data is deleted or destroyed. You will be asked when you submit your CV whether you give us consent to hold your details for the full 12 months in order to be considered for other positions or not.
If your application for employment is successful, personal data gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your HR file (electronic and paper based) and retained during your employment.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the organisation to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the organisation to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer
necessary for the purposes of processing; and
- object to the processing of your data where Woodward Recruitment is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal
ground for processing.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com. You have the right to ask Woodward Recruitment to stop using your information. Where we are unable to comply with your request we will provide reasons for failing to do so.
If, at any time, you have questions or concerns about Woodward Recruitment’s online privacy commitment, please feel free to e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Woodward Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer and a company committed to diversity. This means that all job applicants will receive equal treatment and that we will not discriminate on grounds of gender, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, religion or age.
As part of our commitment to equal opportunities we may from time to time use information provided by you for the purposes of diversity monitoring. All such information will be used on an anonymised basis.
If you have any enquires you can contact us at: email@example.com.